So Orkney Tweed has arrived!
We took delivery of the first 4 rolls of 100% Orkney Wool Tweed, spun & Woven in Shetlands only spinning mill.
The Tweed is All Natural, with No Dyes.
Pure Wool from the following Orkney Sheep flocks :
- Copinsay Zwartbles Flock,
- Grindigar Sheep (texel x),
- Seatter, Deerness (texel x) Sheep,
- Didcot Flock,
- Orphir Sandside,
- Graemsay flock(zwartbles)
- Gaitnip, St Ola(texel, chev x) Cools,
- South Ronaldsay (Zwartbles)
The first 4 traditional patterns are: Herringbone, Houndstooth and Glen check